Job Title: Payroll Specialist
Location – Hyderabad
Support: North America Region
Shift timing 6:00 PM IST.
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experienced originators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About EA India - Electronic Arts India, a technology company and video game developer in India, brings together experienced individuals from diverse backgrounds with a shared experience inspiring the world to play.
We are EA. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is tough. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
A challenging opportunity with Electronic Arts (India) in North America payroll shared service function under Controllership. You are responsible for processing and performing payroll activities with focus on payroll accounting and reconciliations.
Reports to: Sr. Payroll Specialist
Main Responsibilities, includes:
• Upload payroll transactions to Oracle for each pay period to book expenses and accruals
• Post Journal entries for payroll invoices, tax adjustments, Refunds and miscellaneous JEs related to payroll transactions.
• Handle payroll reconciliations for ESPP, PTO, 401k, Accrued Payroll Taxes, wages identify variances and work with partners to resolve it.
• You will handle GL queries about payroll transactions and provide backup, if necessary
• Assist us with multiple payroll audit including following:
o Validate the One-Time payments received from Workday.
o 401k and ESPP Audits to ensure the deductions are within allowed limits.
o Hours worked for salaried and hourly employees.
• Assist us with monthly/ quarterly/ yearly reporting needs for internal and external partners such as
o Expat employees wage detail for relocation (monthly)
o Check register, specific earnings report to GL team (monthly)
o Tax exempt employee information to Stock (monthly)
• You will support year end/ quarter end close and assist with annual reporting required by EA Tax Department.
• Assist with labor reporting and worker's compensation reporting for different states.
• Create Purchase Requisition for payroll related payments.
• You will assist with comparison report received from Benefit administrator and report discrepancies to benefit team.
• Work on assigned projects.
• Bachelor's degree in commerce/accounting.
• Experience in the similar profile between 5-7 years
• In-depth knowledge of payroll accounting is preferable
• Payroll reconciliations experience, Excel Functions, MS excel,
• Knowledge of current laws and regulations affecting NA payroll (prior US or Canada payroll experience)
• UKG Pro and BI experience preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqxxo9-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.