Outsourcing Hard Surface Artist
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
The Outsourcing Artist is a creative role focusing on hard surface art content with external vendors for one or multiple projects. The role works closely with the Associate Environment Director, and other Outsourcing Artists to manage vendor assets. Responsibilities include finalizing art assets, taking part in art content reviews and feedback, and working with the internal and external teams to deliver art content. This role will report to our Studio Art Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three-hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
• Review and provide feedback on external art content (focus on weapons, vehicles and mechanical objects)
• Create briefs and organize packages for external production
• Finalize assets by making visual and technical adjustments
• Participate in relevant art review meetings
• Ability to create content for seasonal releases on a cyclical basis
• Help coordinate vendor communication to internal team
• Support external art training and documentation
• 3-5 years 3D experience
• Proven expertise in modeling & texturing weapons, vehicles, and mechanical objects
• Understanding of industry standards, 3D applications, general workflows with Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter
• Experience working with physically based rendering
• Proven history of working within game engine constraints to achieve visual and technical quality
• Understanding of best practices including providing feedback
• Self-motivation and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5ev81-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.