Codemasters has a long-standing reputation as one of the premier game developers in the industry. As a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, and so much more, we believe that amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse and engaged as the players and communities we serve.
We're renowned for our innovation and passion for racing games, and we place enormous value on collaboration, innovation, and unique perspectives to evolve our titles for players worldwide.
We're looking for people with a passion for creating exceptional gaming experiences to help us deliver industry-leading titles. Join us on the road ahead!
When it comes to our F1® franchise, our passionate team brings players closer to the action than ever before. Each iteration innovates to bring players new experiences, letting them live their dream of lining up alongside their heroes from the worlds of F1® and F2™. The F1® franchise is one of the highest-scoring of all time, according to Metacritic. With a focus on innovation and engagement, we're evolving the ultimate Formula 1 experience for players everywhere, and you could help us raise the bar even higher.
• Reporting to the Tech Director, you will develop technical solutions for gameplay features based on Online Services
• Implement our client-side of Online Services systems
• Work with the backend Online Services team on data design to support game features
• Working with the design team to evaluate designs for Online Services related technical requirements and opportunities
• Contribute to backend Online Services development.
• Feature development estimation and reporting to the team
Here's what you will need:
• 4 years C++ software development experience
• Understanding of client-server-based services architecture
• Experience with asynchronous programming methods and multi-threaded code environments
• Use network messaging and data transport mechanisms
• Familiarity with relational database technology and data design in a games development context
• Experience writing clear and maintainable code based on good software engineering practices
• Solid games industry track record, such as previously published products
Here's what we would like:
• C#, ASP.Net, Redis, or MS SQL Server
• Console development experience
• A 2:1-1st class degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as games, computer science, maths or engineering
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7o31p-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.