Object Modeler (contract)
EA - Redwood City, CA, US
Term: 6 months
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're trailblazers and great storytellers. But it's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of our audience being women between the ages of 18-24. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
The Sims is looking to fill a role for Object Modeler. Architecture, furniture, machinery, vehicles, vegetation; as an Object Modeler you create all of these and more. You hand paint your textures and know how to optimize a mesh for best performance without sacrificing visual quality. Though your passion is creating beautiful assets, as an Object Modeler you aren't afraid of working within a technical pipeline and are comfortable problem solving with Animators and Engineers. You are confident enough to run with a task with little oversight but are open to feedback from Art Direction and love collaborating with your peers.
You will report into the Object Modeler Development Director.
• Create and debug assets in The Sims 4 while maintaining technical standards.
• Model and texture high quality assets.
• Work with multiple development disciplines, including non-art specific groups, to assess and improve assets.
• Maintain technical and aesthetical coherence with the Sims brand.
• 2+ years professional experience in art game development
• Proficient experience with 3D Software such as Maya & Photoshop.
• Strong time management and communication skills.
• Traditional art skill in drawings or sketches.
• Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume.
• Use light and shadow.
• Breadth of artistic styles, especially hand painted.
• An understanding of optimization for game engines.
• Excellent sense of quality and craftsmanship.
• Experience with ZBrush, Substance Painter'/Designer, Marmoset, etc.
• Experience rigging models for animation
• Familiarity with The Sims
You must submit a portfolio illustrating their 3D modeling and texturing skills to be considered for this role.
• Our global benefits package is not included for this particular role.