Object Modeler (contract)
EA - Redwood City, CA, US
Term: 6 months
The Sims is looking to fill a role for Object Modeler. Architecture, furniture, machinery, vehicles, vegetation; as an Object Modeler you create all of these and more. You hand paint your textures and know how to optimize a mesh for best performance without sacrificing visual quality. Though your passion is creating beautiful assets, as an Object Modeler you aren't afraid of working within a technical pipeline and are comfortable problem solving with Animators and Engineers. You are confident enough to run with a task with little oversight but are open to feedback from Art Direction and love collaborating with your peers.
You will report into the Object Modeler Development Director.
• Create and debug assets in The Sims 4 while maintaining technical standards.
• Model and texture high quality assets.
• Work with multiple development disciplines, including non-art specific groups, to assess and improve assets.
• Maintain technical and aesthetical coherence with the Sims brand.
• 2+ years professional experience in art game development
• Proficient experience with 3D Software such as Maya & Photoshop.
• Strong time management and communication skills.
• Traditional art skill in drawings or sketches.
• Excellent sense of form, weight (mass), and volume.
• Use light and shadow.
• Breadth of artistic styles, especially hand painted.
• An understanding of optimization for game engines.
• Excellent sense of quality and craftsmanship.
• Experience with ZBrush, Substance Painter/Designer, Marmoset, etc.
• Experience rigging models for animation
• Familiarity with The Sims
You must submit a portfolio illustrating their 3D modeling and texturing skills to be considered for this role.
• Our global benefits package is not included for this particular role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ywk6-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.