Object Modeler - Maxis (Contract)
Contract Length: 1 year
Flexible Work Model: On Site | Hybrid | Remote
Maxis is looking for a talented individual to join our creative team and help establish the look for our architecture, furniture, machinery, vehicles, and vegetation. You will work in a fast-paced development environment and collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams using development processes and best practices of a major game studio. You will use your modeling experience to produce high quality art with consistency and efficiency in a highly collaborative environment.
• Responsible for content creation in support of project prototyping
• Creates models and textures that meet project quality standards with guidance from senior modelers and art direction to establish visual targets
• Adapts process to suit the technical and artistic needs of of the project
• Proficient experience with 3D modeling software such as Maya and Zbrush.
• Experience with Substance Painter, Photoshop, Marmoset, etc.
• A solid understanding of PBR fundamentals
• Understanding of composition, materials, color, and lighting
• An understanding of balancing art quality and performance optimizations
• Clear, concise and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• A self-motivated team-player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Proven time management skills with the ability to be self-sufficient and execute quickly
• A passion for video games
• Professional experience working on current-gen console, PC, and/or mobile game as a 3D modeler
• Technical skills with experience implementing assets in Unreal Engine 4
• Knowledge of environment lighting, asset creation, and materials within UE4
• Knowledge in procedural asset creation process
• Ability to digitally sculpt/model and texture with a stylized look
You must submit a portfolio illustrating examples of 3D hard surface/soft surface modeling and texturing skill set to be considered for this role.
Our Global Benefits package is not included for this particular role.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1v2x-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.