Senior QA Tester
Birmingham, United Kingdom
At Codemasters we are at the sharp edge when it comes to the smooth and speedy delivery of our games to our millions of players world-wide. Our Network programming experts enjoys the ongoing challenge to manage the complex interdependency of the tech elements which bring the game to bear in perfect harmony. This is a role to enable a global multiplayer network and as such requires true video games specialism.
• Programming multiplayer game and server features
• Take ownership for large game features or even complete platforms
• Liaise with Designers and Programmers to implement key game features from inception to completion
• Feature estimation and reporting to Team Lead
• Fluent C++ deployed within a similar role in the games industry
• Understanding of client-server and peer-to-peer networks and extensive experience in relation to games
• Deep knowledge o& experience of the network libraries from at least one of the current games console platforms
• A 2:1-1st class degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as games, computer science, maths or engineering
• Experience using version control software in games
• Ability to write clear and maintainable code pertaining games networks
• Experience implementing multi-platform game client networking solutions on current console & PC platforms
• Solid games industry track record, evidenced such as previously published products
• Desirable; C# and web server programming
• An ideal candidate will be highly experienced in the industry, driven and self-motivated with top-notch attention to detail
• Strong communication and problem solving skills proven in a games development environment
• Good teamwork skills within a multi-disciplined development team
• A demonstrable passion for and commitment to a career in games
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro39ep-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.