The EA Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) group is part of the CTO organization and is the foundation on which EA's games are built and operate. PI&E builds and operates a broad platform of infrastructure services that powers games and enables game development across EA's global ecosystem. Our team's charter is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on the high availability of infrastructure, core services, and studio services. Additionally, we aim to help developers experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that ensure rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we partner across EA to promote infrastructure cost efficiency and infrastructure optimization.
As a Network Engineer, your role covers the entire life-cycle of a product-- from helping developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and triage. Your primary focus will be network engineering and operations with an emphasis on solving networking problems using software. You will report to the Manager of Network Engineering.
• You will provide day-to-day level 3 support for the networking infrastructure, including on-call and war room support, and will help resolve outages.
• You will be responsible for problem management of incidents where the root cause remains unidentified or permanent resolution is not in place.
• You will provide proactive network maintenance, monitoring and administration, implementation of OS, firmware, security updates and patches across the network infrastructure.
• You will produce accurate and consumable documentation for projects and root cause analysis.
• BS/MS in an Engineering field - Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
• 3+ years network support/operations/engineering experience
• Experience with AWS public cloud technologies (GCP or Azure desirable)
• Python programming and API development experience
• Automation experience with Ansible and Terraform
• Knowledge of git and CI/CD
• Containerization or container experience (Kubernetes desirable)
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, subnets, routing and switching
• Knowledge of routing protocols (BGP and OSPF desirable)
• Experience with Cisco and Juniper devices
• Management and configuration experience with L4-L7 Load Balancers, SSL (Citrix Netscaler desirable)
• Operational knowledge of security concepts and technologies – Stateful packet filtering, access lists, firewalls, WAF, IDS, IDP, DDoS and other risk mitigation strategies
• Network Tools: AKiPS, IPAM, Netflow tools, protocol analyzers
• Knowledge of Grafana, Prometheus, Nautobot
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjx7pe-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.