We are EA:
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe 24/7 with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games and delivering a flawless player experience is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, resourceful and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
Modern video games rely on many different services behind the scenes. From matchmaking, marketplace, and social features to anti-cheat detection, leaderboards, and server-side physics calculations. This ever-changing and ever-growing ecosystem exposes new operational challenges with every new game launch.
We're looking for a Network Engineer to:
• Provide day-to-day L3 support for the networking infrastructure, including on-call and war room support. Take direct involvement in resolution of outages in coordination with other groups.
• Provide Network Engineering skills and support for network projects and tasks. You are always looking to improve our environments.
• Responsible for accurate and consumable documentation for projects and root cause analysis
• Responsible for collaborating and fostering and environment that allows the team to grow and evolve in capability
• You are a player and partner advocate in everything that you do.
What a Network Engineer does at EA:
You are an autonomous contributor able to use network and systems technology to solve complex problems. Your scope is on a major portion of existing or new team technology, implementation, or process. You work with your team to design, improve, evolve and build networks, systems and processes that are performant, realistic, and simple, using only that which is appropriate to solve the root cause. Your output is mindful of legacy environments and identifies how new and existing environments will integrate and scale. You identify patterns that affect the performance, reliability, scalability or availability of a process, product or service and identify opportunities to eliminate errors through automation or other technical innovation. You are able to manage your work and your time effectively with very little guidance and may be trusted to implement large scale projects at a component or network level.
The artifacts you produce are mindful of automation, documented, maintainable and have minimal defects. You help balance partner and team requirements. You help your team evolve by actively participating in design reviews, operational reviews, architecture discussions, team planning, and work quality reviews. You take a lead role in root cause analysis. You focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions. You take on projects that improve team networks, systems and processes. You are an excellent operational resource able to identify, resolve and guide a wide range of operational and performance issues of the networks and systems under your team's purview.
The next great EA Network Engineer needs:
• BS/MS in an Engineering field – Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable experience
• Minimum 3-5 years network support/operations/engineering experience
• Experience with AWS public cloud technologies (will also consider GCP or Azure)
• Programming experience (Python and/or Go preferred)
• Automation experience with Ansible
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, subnets, routing and switching
• Good knowledge of routing protocols (BGP and OSPF preferred)
• Hands-on experience with Cisco and Juniper devices
• Management and configuration experience with L4-L7 Load Balancers, SSL (Citrix Netscaler preferred)
• Operational knowledge of security concepts and technologies – Stateful packet filtering, access lists, firewalls, WAF, IDS, IDP, DDoS and other risk mitigation strategies
• Network Tools: AKiPS, IPAM, Netflow tools, protocol analyzers
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
Good to have:
• Working knowledge of network provider and carrier offerings (for WAN, LAN, MAN, MPLS, carrier neutral co-lo)
• Demonstration of core architecture/design functions that have increased in complexity
• Experienced with GIT
• Systems Administration: Unix & Linux network tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re81n1-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.