Guildford, United Kingdom
Network Engineer (Contract)
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we hire the most creative, passionate people possible.
The challenge ahead:
You will be part of a team responsible for delivering corporate network services for data center and branch offices in a global scale enterprise network. Your role will encompass engineering, delivery, operational support, performance management, network analysis, metric reporting, and administration for the EA Enterprise Network.
This is a senior level position among other senior delivery engineers within our Network Infrastructure Architecture and Engineering team. Opportunity exists for the candidate to specialize their expertise in network programmability, cloud technologies, data center, backbone, security, and wireless areas.
This is a 12-month contract and it falls inside IR35 in the UK.
What a Network Engineer does at EA:
• Design and deploy network services
• Configure and maintain network equipment
• Capacity planning, performance tuning, and configuration optimization
• Plan changes, assessing and mitigating risks
• Provision new services, migrate existing services, circuits
• Conduct feasibility, impact, and cost studies, develop solution options
• Escalated operational support, assessment, break'/fix, incident resolution
• Draw diagrams, producing solution (physical and logical) documentation
• Develop and evaluate network performance criteria and measurement methodology
• Configuration and deployment of network services in consideration of architectural standards
• Use network tools for administration, maintenance, automation, and visualization'/reporting
• Conduct economic and population growth studies to determine impact on network capacity and development plan projections
• 5 years experience working in a large enterprise environment, designing and maintaining enterprise networks
• Proficiency in configuration and deployment Cisco routers, switches and firewalls, plus Palo Alto firewalls
• Experience of project work using the following technologies: routing protocols including BGP & OSPF, WAN technologies including DMVPN phase 3, QoS, PBR and LAN technologies including STP
• Experience managing branch office network migrations and new branch office network deployments
• Experience defining user and data center requirements e.g. number of ports per user, power, throughput and subnet requirements, equipment rack unit design
• Experience creating network topology diagrams and physical rack diagrams with Visio
• Experience working with diverse IT partners and leaders, and justifying technical decisions to the leadership team
• Independent individual, able to work with different teams across multiple time zones, under the guidance of a Project Manager
• Experience following standard security and network design processes and principles
• Be passionate about network technology and demonstrate awareness of industry trends'/direction.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.