Senior World Artist
Los Angeles, CA
Motion Capture Technician (Temporary Assignment)
We are looking for a Motion Capture Technician to join EA's Create Capture team, working out of its LA motion and performance capture facility. As a member of the team you will be directly responsible for supporting various game development teams with the creation of animation content. In this role you will support the integration of motion data by using EA proprietary technologies to maintain the highest quality animation possible. Successful candidates will work closely with the animation teams in both post production, and on the live performance stage.
**This position is a temporary assignment to start, with potential for longer term employment. Working hours are full time and will include time onsite at our Los Angeles capture facilities located in Chatsworth, CA. (Relocation is not offered for this position.)**
• 5+ years' experience as a Mocap technician.
• Proficient with motion capture data cleanup and implementation.
• 2+ years' experience with Motion Analysis hardware/software.
• 3+ years of on-set experience in live performance industry (mocap preferred.)
• Experience working with performers / models.
• 5+ years' experience Maya and Motion Builder.
• Worked on a minimum of one shipped AAA title.
• Must be a great problem solver and able to adjust priorities as needed.
• Familiar with other motion capture hardware / software (plus, but not required.)
• Scripting knowledge (plus, but not required.)
• Familiar with 3d scanning and photogrammetry.
• Great communication skills.
• Exceptional time management.
• Data Post Processing (tracking / solving / retargeting.)
• Support on-set mocap team with shoot prep, recording sessions and post wrap.
• Suiting up actors for mocap acquisition session.
• Set up/manage real-time viewer and assets.
• Monitor video reference and/or Helmet Mounted Camera (HMC) feeds.
• Light prop building/fabrication.
• Quality control on post processes.
• Set up/create mocap skeletons used for solving/retargeting.
• Review and provide feedback of project streamlining.
• Foster positive working relationships, teamwork, and communication within the production teams.
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Capture team is made up of industry leading experts responsible for motion and performance capture, 3D body and facial scanning, data processing and virtual cinematography.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.