EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio, and technology. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified experience creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
The EA Create Capture team is made up of industry-experts responsible for motion and performance capture, 3D body and facial scanning, data processing, and virtual cinematography.
We are looking for a Motion Capture Technical Supervisor to join EA's Create Capture team, working out of its LA motion and performance capture facility. As a member of the team, you will be directly responsible for maintaining and upgrading studio technologies and supporting multiple game development teams with the creation of animation content. You will help integrate motion data by using EA proprietary technologies to maintain the highest quality animation possible. You will report to the Senior Acquisition Manager, work with the studio manager, motion capture technicians, postproduction, and development teams through all phases of a project.
You will have...
• 10+ years of experience as a motion capture technician. (Vicon preferred)
• 5+ years of on-set experience in live performance industry (Mocap preferred.)
• Experience working in a busy production environment.
• 5+ years of experience in Maya, Motion Builder and/or Unreal Engine.
• Experience working on at least one shipped AAA game title.
• Familiar with other motion capture hardware/software.
• Expertise with several of the following technologies: optical motion capture, stretch sensor gloves, inertial motion capture, volumetric capture, virtual production, virtual cameras, 3D and 4D scanning, photogrammetry, FACS direction, photometric scanning, audio/visual systems, timecode/genlock and computer networking.
• Scripting knowledge a plus.
• Attention to detail and solve complex problems and the ability to adjust priorities
• Passion for technological advancements within the industry
• Pleasant and professional nature.
• Time and task management.
• Ability to work on-site at our studio
• Excellent troubleshooting abilities.
• Manage accurate documentation of configurations and procedures.
What you will do...
• Work with the studio manager to ensure studio technology is up-to-date, maintained and prepared to meet scheduled demand.
• Take responsibility of studio technologies ensuring they meet the demand of development teams and the needs of on-set studio technicians.
• Lead a team of motion capture technicians to capture the highest data possible.
• Work with development teams to help plan out their mocap sessions, anticipate technical requirements and ensure those requirements are ready in time for their sessions.
• Troubleshoot systems during mocap sessions.
• Quality control of captured data.
• Understand automation pipelines and workflows and captured data can run through pipelines.
• Review and provide feedback on project streamlining.
• Foster positive working relationships, teamwork within the production teams.
• Work with 3rd parties to quickly troubleshoot and resolve problems.
• Identify areas for improvement and work with other technical groups within Capture on implementing them.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $108,700 - $166,550
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvn4q0-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.