Motion Capture Post Technician - Contract
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Capture team provides high-quality body motion performances for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences.
We are looking for a contract Motion Capture Post Technician to join our team!
• Create high-quality body animation art assets for use in-game
• Retarget motion capture body data onto biped character rigs
• Track and clean motion capture data in Vicon Blade / Shogun / Cortex
• Work with animation leads and director to agree on visual target benchmarks
• Provide animation feedback and communicate best practice with intention for animation refinement
• Conduct and complete character rig reviews to refine it for motion capture retargeting
• Learn proprietary art pipelines, new technology, and processes
• Support the production teams with the acquisition of motion capture data during performance sessions
• Help document workflow and pipelines
• Contribute to post mortems, provide feedback, help improve motion capture process and data output
• Minimum 3 years of motion capture or animation background in video games, television, film or other related industry
• Minimum 3 years of experience with Motion Builder or similar 3D animation software experience
• Understanding of human movement, and detailed knowledge of functional human anatomy
• Knowledge of and experience with Motion capture
• Work well under the pressures of 'live' production environments
• On-set production experience in related entertainment industry: Film, TV, Video games, VFX
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88kj6-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.