Machine Learning Engineer
Remote / Virtual
Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
To allow more players to become creators, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to shape the technology that powers creation. If you have experience with building services for user generated content through modern techniques connecting multiple services together we want to hear from you.
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life.
We aim to improve in our development approaches and with our services. Many of our software engineers are 'polyglots' and strive in multiple environments.
• Work in partnership with game teams to design shared services
• Develop and launch high-traffic services for multi-platform AAA titles
• Perform service load testing to resolve bottlenecks
• Work with the engineering and DevOps teams on best practices
• Research and integrate new technologies
• Oversee the health, quality, maintainability and style of the server codebase
• 6+ years of technology industry experience
• BS in Computer Science or other relevant experience
• Experience with client/server architecture
• Knowledge of HTTP and how to design and work with RESTful web services
• Expert ability to analyze and interpret technical data
• Experience with throughput, latency, memory and CPU use
• Development experience with either Kotlin, Java, Go, and Node.js
• Experience with source code management (Perforce, Git)
• Public Cloud providers (AWS, GCE, Azure)
• Understand containers, orchestrators and service mesh technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Envoy, Istio, Linkerd, and Jaeger)
• Understanding of different database and their performance characteristics (SQL and NoSQL)
• Experience working with CI/CD technologies
• Passion to investigate and adopt new technologies and practices
• Experience shipping AAA games
• Experience working with PlayStation and Xbox online systems
• Experience with or exposure to micro-services
• Experience with or with cloud native application development
• Knowledge of gRPC, Protocol buffers and FlatBuffers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9079-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.