Remote / Virtual
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with broad technical skills to dive deep into large amounts of data and the desire to influence important decisions with data-driven analysis and insights. You will report to the Technical Director and collaborate with the FIFA Analytics team to develop complex ETL pipelines and support dashboards that promote deeper understanding of the game.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you are accountable for all data pipelines and the quality of the data solutions that Analytics Solutions supports.
• You will be involved in the entire development life cycle from brainstorming ideas to implementing elegant solutions to obtain data insights
• You will gather requirements, model and design solutions to support reporting analytics and exploratory analysis
• You will design, build, and launch efficient, scalable and reliable data pipelines to move and transform data
• You will work with analysts, understand requirements, develop technical specifications for ETLs, including documentation
• You will support production code to produce comprehensive and accurate data artefacts.
• You will oversee the process of adoption of new technologies and applications we use to collect, integrate, analyze, and deliver relevant analytical solutions.
• You will guide communications between our users and studio engineers to provide scalable end-to-end solutions.
• You will promote strategies to improve our data modeling, quality and architecture
• You will work with big data solutions, data modeling, understand the ETL pipelines and dashboard tools.
• You will mentor other data engineers, guiding and ensuring the best practices are followed.
• 7+ years relevant industry experience in data engineering role who has Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
• 2+ years of leading successful engineering teams
• Proficiency in writing SQL queries and knowledge of cloud-based databases like Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery or other big data solutions.
• Experience in data modeling, ETL processes, and data warehousing.
• Experience with streaming applications like Kafka, Pub/sub
• Experience with at least one of the programming languages like Python or Java
• Experience with business intelligence tools like Power BI, Looker, Tableau or similar BI tools.
• Experience working with unstructured datasets
• Experience in the physical and logical design of database architecture for relational databases, data warehouses and data lakes.
• Knowledge of latest data pipeline tools such as Airflow.
• Develop APIs and integrate with 3rd party APIs
• Experience working in an agile development environment and familiar with Process Management tools such as JIRA, Target process, Trello or similar
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6xn58-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.