EA was founded in 1982 by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry-and the company-has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world's best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world's most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
The commerce team is tasked to develop one of the largest eCommerce platform to power hundreds of games played by hundreds of millions of gamers. The commerce platform is responsible for providing foundation services to game studios including identity management, account, subscription, billing, payment, virtual currency, provisioning, entitlement, risk and fraud at 24x7 with 99.99% reliability.
What a DevOps Systems Engineer does at EA:
• 7 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, application development, or operations
• Working knowledge of enterprise data center technologies including storage platforms, network switching, and security infrastructure within a virtualized data center
• Team lead experience required
• Knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
• Strong understanding of application development methodologies
• Adept at evaluating problems accurately and displaying sound judgment
• Experience working in a virtualized environment. Containers'/Docker (preferred), AWS (preferred), GCP, Azure, VMWare ecosystem, Kubernetes (preferred), Vagrant etc.
• Work closely with team members to understand system'/software stakeholder requirements through full life cycle of the most complex application development.
• Responsible for the more complicated designs and implementation of applications' build, release, deployment, and configuration activities in an Agile'/DevOps environment.
• Guides Development Operations Engineers with the more complex development products.
• Works with stakeholders to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing, updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
• Adjusts to constant business change, changes in requirements, evolving goals and strategies, and has strong knowledge of emerging technologies. Ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels
• Supports the current online gaming infrastructure by deploying Online and Live game features. Maintains virtual game online infrastructure environment.
• Works with local and remote DevOps, Server Side, and Software developers to investigate and design future gaming online infrastructures in support of new game features.
• Responds to outages and alerts quickly to ensure public availability of our online services.
• Refines processes to develop a culture of quality and high availability.
• Automates processes to increase efficiencies.
• Helps architect and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges around performance, scaling, and security.
• Instrument monitoring solutions to gain insight into application performance and understand emerging issues.
• Maintains deployment software and tools (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible etc.) Work closely with developers to ensure on time delivery of services.
• Participates in 24x7 on-call support and maintenance activities.
The next EA DevOps Engineer also needs to have:
• Undergraduate'/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience.
• Experience in managing high traffic applications and services, in release management, tracking and troubleshooting live issues.
• A strong understanding of *nix is mandatory. Familiarity with both RHEL and Debian family distros is preferred. Strong skill with ad-hoc scripting is required. Understanding of core services like DNS, DHCP, LDAP, logging, etc.
• Experience with continuous integration and delivery tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Nomad, Puppet etc.
• Experience with Monitoring tools, like Graphite, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
• A strong understanding of distributed systems is a must. An Understanding of middleware, proxies and application integration. Understanding of the CAP theorem, techniques for high availability, service discovery, secret management, etc.
• A strong understanding of networking basics is preferred. Switching'/routing, VPNs, load balancing, proxying, network virtualization, firewall basics (especially iptables) and general netsec best practices.
• Experience administering Java based technologies
• Working knowledge of databases (MySQL, Oracle, etc.) , caching stack of Memcache, Redis, Cassandra and Message Queuing systems like ActiveMQ, Spark, Kafka, Solr etc.
• Experience with Python is mandatory. Ability to dive into the code during triage or while trying to understand behavior is a must. Familiarity with C'/C++, Go, Java, and Yum is desirable.