Rendering Engineer - Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honoured to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
You will be part of our talented rendering team, driving the technology forward that will power future titles and new platforms. You will collaborate with world-class engineers and artists across EA. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager in your location.
• Collaborate across team and discipline boundaries to develop and maintain high-quality rendering systems for an industry-leading engine, and ensure speedy resolution of issues
• Undertake performance profiling and optimization on multiple platforms
• Contribute to technical planning, road mapping, and estimation
• Design and architect complex features and systems
• Review complex designs and code changes
• Inspire and mentor less experienced members of the team
• 5 years of hands-on C++, data-driven design, and architecture experience
• 3 years of experience with real-time computer rendering techniques, APIs such as Vulkan, DirectX or Metal, and graphics and compute shaders
• Console or mobile development experience
• Expertise in CPU and GPU profiling and optimization
• Detailed knowledge of one or more CPU and GPU architectures
• Strong collaboration and communication skills, and experience leading teams and technology
• BSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
• Experience on large and distributed teams and projects
• C# and Tools development experience
Wondering if you'll meet all of our requirements? We know those dot points can't capture all that you might bring to our team, so consider the above a starting point. If you're interested, please reach out!
Creating amazing games starts with building a team that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We wholeheartedly celebrate that diversity, and are committed to fostering a workplace that is equitable and inclusive, where everyone has the opportunity to thrive. For more on our commitment and progress - check out our 2021 Impact Report.
What's in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we're doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there's that. There's also:
• A health allowance, to cover the cost of private health insurance for you and your family
• Life and salary continuance insurance
• An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
• 17.5% annual leave loading – yes, we'll pay you extra to take a break!
• Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
• Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
• A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
• Free EA games, of course!
We also offer bonuses and exciting EA stock options, as well as access to our employee stock purchase program.
When it comes to flexibility – we're hybrid forward, so you'll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d806n9-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.