Automation Software Engineer - Lt Tech Team
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking.
It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We're creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it's about amazing our fans. Taking risks, collaborating with each other, and daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
As a Client Software Engineer on The Sims, you will work on the client systems within the game. The work will range from rapid prototyping to production development. Most of the work is expected to be done in C++.
• Implement client features and systems in C++.
• Extend existing client systems and create new ones.
• Work with designers, producers, content creators, and other engineers to design and develop game features.
• Write technical design documents detailing software requirements.
• Write cross-platform code with performance and memory usage in mind.
• Debug code to document and fix bugs.
• Solve challenging technical problems in a dynamic environment to support active live service.
Please note that you do not need to qualify for all qualifications to be considered. We encourage you to apply if you can meet most of the requirements and are comfortable opening a dialog to be considered.
• 7+ years experience in a hands-on development role.
• Strong working knowledge of modern C++.
• Experience implementing complex game subsystems.
• Experience with graphics libraries (DirectX/OpenGL/Metal) suggested.
• A strong understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space.
• Desktop development experience required.
• Experience with Windows platform and development tools (e.g. Visual Studio or other programming IDEs).
• Skills debugging complex applications.
• Experience optimizing existing game code to be more performant.
Nice to have:
• Mac development experience.
• Xbox One/PS4 development experience.
• Knowledge of Python, C#, or familiarity with WPF.
• Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
• Experience developing large-scale live products.
• Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
• Familiarity with The Sims games on PC/Mac/consoles.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx4no-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.