SE I - EADP Central Engineering
We Are EA
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console -to give our players that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your computing genius.
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organization is responsible for driving critical technology decisions and investments for EA on a global scale, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is critical to making the industry's best games & services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing cross-platform services that will keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
EA Hyderabad has an opportunity for a Software Engineer I position. As a Software Engineer, you will be part of the EADP Social Platform team to design, develop, deploy and maintain high throughput world class services at global scale for our next generation games. If you like solving complex computing problems, are a passionate team player and thrive in a fast paced, ever changing development environment this is a great opportunity for you.
What Would You Do
You will be developing distributed, highly resilient, globally scalable services in the cloud by utilizing world-class engineering principles and modern DevOps best practices. Our Software Engineers love to experiment with leading edge technology, dive deep into code and work as part of a team of programming experts who define and solve complex computing problems. You must ensure stellar product quality, and provide technical inputs to Product Managers as they communicate new product features. You should have excellent design and coding skills in building APIs and have the technical depth in OS (Linux, macOS, Windows) and cloud programming models.
You will be interacting with product managers, program managers, architects, tech leads and site reliability engineers across multiple geographies.
• Design, build, test and maintain distributed services in the cloud environment
• Build and Maintain CI/CD pipelines using gitlab and Kubernetes
• Ensure all solutions being developed are well documented with technical specifications, testable and maintainable.
• Adopt Test Driven Development focused on automation and achieve code coverage in excess of 95%
• Implement logging, monitoring, analytics and telemetry in code.
• Effectively communicate progress and issues with engineering and product/project managers.
• Prototype new technology that fits use cases/problems and validate against success criteria.
• Adopt clean architecture, design & code principles in software development
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Technology or Computer Science from Tier I institutions
• 2-3 years of experience as software engineer
• Top notch programming skills in Java and related frameworks such as Spring and Spring Boot
• Working experience in developing web applications
• Experience in building microservices would be an advantage
• Implementation Experience in RDBMS (MySQL/PostgreSQL) and good SQL query knowledge
• Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra/MongoDB/Redis/DynamoDB
• Development experience using Gitlab and JIRA.
• CI/CD experience with Gitlab or Jenkins or Maven
• Experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, etc.
• Experience working in Agile development methodologies
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter with an eagerness to constantly learn
• Strong sense of ownership/'can do' attitude and attention to detail
• Demonstrate a high level of creativity and problem solving
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Don't Just Play It – Create It!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9mkk-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.