Software Engineer - Infrastructure Platform
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Digital Platform is an always-on collection of services that power an EA player's connected experience. You will be focused on the challenges of the Infrastructure Platform Engineering team. This engineering team focuses on the full life-cycle of application workload management including infrastructure automation, metrics and logging, platform elasticity, and application deployment. At EA, we are committed to a modern cloud computing operating model for our services. The next great EA Software Engineer has an opportunity to build systems that achieves new functionality to the platform, provide cloud enablement frameworks and cloud operation services to both EADP and game studios, and work on regular improvements to these systems to keep them at top-notch performance.
What a Software Engineer does on EA's Infrastructure Platform team:
• You will Work with product and program management to ensure clarity and understanding of features and priorities.
• You will Develop creative solutions that address customer requests, new product features, and production defects.
• You will work directly with divisional and game studio partners to understand priorities and requirements while contributing to releasing games to market.
• Evolve project statements into preliminary engineering designs and topologies.
• Expand designs into engineering execution plans and engineering tasks
• You will work with the team to design and guide the development and quality processes, coding practices.
• Write code, meet peer-reviewed code standards, use team-selected tools, commit to approved repositories.
• You will track issues and items using team development tools, prioritizing and communicating development progress.
• Accomplish quality assurance, validation, and stress testing of completed product features.
• You will document and prepare product production changes. Validate that product has passed quality gates. You will contribute to post-mortems for unsuccessful releases.
• You will work with support teams and partners to debug and resolve production incidents with deployed products.
• Enhance EA's engineering capabilities through tracking of peers, industry, segment, and technology. Become an expert in the field and informed/knowledgeable about related fields, and roles.
• You will work with, and contribute to the open-source software Kubernetes community.
The Next Great EA Cloud Software Engineer needs to have:
• Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• 2+ years of commercial development experience
• Proficiency with an OO language
• 2+ years of experience with a public cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• 2+ years of experience of teamwork within a modern service development lifecycle.
• Experience building, deploying and operating high traffic services
• Experience with Kubernetes and containerized applications
• Develop multi-threaded architecture in web and data technologies
• Database experience with relational or NoSQL solutions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8zwo-3-235-179-111-42 in your application.