Live Operations Game Designer
Remote / Virtual
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We are looking for a Mobile F2P- Live Operations Game Designer to join us and help continue delivering a long running and beloved IP to our players, Plants vs Zombies! This designer will report to the Creative Lead who oversees several cross-discipline team members and work directly with artists, engineers, UX experts, and other designers. You will prototype, experiment, and ultimately implement features to millions of players. You have experience designing for mobile games, and a love of Plants vs Zombies!
• Integrate and manage Live Content events, challenges, promotions, and level updates
• Plan future themed content and episodic releases
• Design, tuning, and balancing of game levels
• Balance and tuning of content updates and events
• Performance analysis of Live Content level updates
• Propose and design live events designed to fit within a time limited schedule
• Advocate for new tools and process improvements to support Live Content
• Represent the live player base by being a data informed player advocate
• Rapidly produce creative content with compelling and relatable on brand themes
• Feature Design and Spec writing
• 3+ years of design experience, with a focus on live service/mobile
• Experience with freemium/F2P design, including MTX and social features in the strategy market
• Solid understanding of mobile gameplay mechanics/systems and how it works into level design
• Experience in an Agile environment, negotiating live service deliverables
• An organized and detail-oriented approach to design and authoring
• Readiness to work with a globally distributed development team
• Work autonomously, dealing with or flagging blocking issues as they arise
• Fluent in technologies or project tooling necessary for operating in a live service
• Understand how to structure updates into appropriate cadences such as weekly, monthly, and seasonal
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk9bm0-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.