Lighting Artist 1- College Football
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The EA SPORTS ART team is a global community of content creators covering Characters, Environments, Lighting, Project Management, Technical Art, and Visual Effects. Fueled by imagination and a unified passion to grow the love of sports for players worldwide, we push visual boundaries and create leading edge content. Serving our broad portfolio of sports titles, we craft amazing games for hundreds of millions of sports fans worldwide through inspiring visuals and immersive experiences. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
Ideally, Lighters will have a background that combines art and math. They typically have a degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science, and Art-related subjects such as Photography or Computer Animation, Math, or Physics. They will also have solid experience in at least one of the 3D packages currently in use by the industry. These include Maya, Houdini, XSI, 3D Studio Max, and Lightwave. Familiarity with other relevant programs are also a plus.
Your Responsibility :
Lighters add the lighting to games that create atmosphere and adds realism, tone, and depth to a scene, using their craft, Lighters create visually balancing individual elements that enable game artists to produce a convincing image or environment. You will need to use your technical skill as well as your aesthetic judgment to create images that not only look good but are easy to render. Lighters make sure there is consistency in lighting, color balance, and mood between the various elements of a shot or scene in the game. When appropriate, they ensure the CG looks photorealistic. Lighters emphasize drama or narrative, and also establish and clarify location, weather, time of day, etc. Lighters will be expected to respect and follow an established design theme for a sequence or project. They must be able to refer to the relevant production designs and apply that visual style as faithfully as possible, taking care to maintain continuity throughout the scene and game.
• Possess solid artistic skills, including a thorough understanding of color theory, composition, light, and form.
• Experience with a 3D CG package (e.g., Maya, Mental Ray),
• Demonstrated understanding of rendering, lighting, shading networks, polygonal modeling, and texture UV's.
• Lighters should also understand the characteristics of light and how it is simulated in a CG environment
• Able to work from reference materials, identifying and translating key lighting details into applicable information
• Should be able to light-moderate to complex interior and exterior scenes.
• Experience with film, photography or theater lighting is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwb8x2-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.