Level Designer (Single Player)
Please note - We have multiple positions open and are looking for talents within a range of experience Mid-level to Senior. These roles is primarily based in Stockholm, but can also be based remotely in Europe, or from any of our European offices.
We are DICE, the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful 20-years old Battlefield franchise. We strongly believe our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and are always looking for diverse game creators to help us build the best Battlefield experiences and make our studio the best in the industry.
Electronic Arts is all-in on Battlefield, committed to unlocking its potential as one of the best first-person shooter franchises in the world. To make that vision a reality, a global effort has been launched, coordinating multiple studios under a leadership team of industry veterans to build a connected Battlefield universe.
DICE is a multiplayer powerhouse and will use its expertise to continue developing Battlefield's one-of-a-kind multiplayer suite, while also building a team to support our new Seattle-based studio, Ridgeline Games, who are leading the development of a single-player narrative campaign. Ripple Effect Studios is then focused on creating an entirely new Battlefield experience to complement and build upon the series' foundations.
We are looking for a Single Player Level Designer to join our team working on Battlefield, where you will report to the Level Design Director or Lead Designer.
You will be responsible for the overall design and experience of one or more single player missions.
What you will do:
• Design engaging single player experiences and lead their realization in collaboration with artists and narrative.
• Manage the layout, flow, pacing and overall player experience from start to finish.
• Blockout and refine the playable spaces using our internal level editor.
• Champion both the second-to-second gameplay and the entire player journey through the experience.
• Facilitate communication and collaboration across disciplines.
• Participate in playtests and peer-reviews where you will provide feedback to your fellow designers, just like they will provide feedback on your work.
• 3+ years of experience as a level designer on single player.
• At least one shipped game as a level designer. Preferably on a AAA shooter or action game.
• You understand and appreciate all the components that help create a great and consistent player experience such as art, design, narrative, VFX, sound, cinematics and, and lighting.
• Great knowledge of level design fundamentals.
• Structured and rational approach to the creative process.
• Solid technical understanding.
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmoymv-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.