Remote / Virtual
Legal Counsel (Commercial-Marketing/Real Estate/Publishing)
EA is looking for a motivated, accomplished, practical Legal Counsel who will be the primary legal partner supporting several commercial transactions for multiple business groups within EA including, (i) the marketing communications team that manages EA's influencer relationships, (ii) EA's partner program, which works with both established and indie developers outside of EA to bring their games to players, (iii) EA's North American real estate and physical security teams, (iv) commercial transactional support for operations teams in EA's studios and mobile organizations, and (v) other commercial transactional support. You can can be based in Playa Vista, Austin, Seattle or Vancouver.
• Draft and negotiate marketing services agreements, influencer agreements, and influencer agreement templates.
• Support EA's partner program agreements with third party game developers.
• Draft and negotiate complex equipment lease agreements, professional services and consulting agreements, and construction agreements.
• Manage outside counsel's work on real estate leases and related transactions; draft and negotiate simple lease extensions, option exercises, and other real estate agreements.
• Work with legal colleagues to develop policies, contract templates, training, and guidelines.
• Provide legal advice on different legal matters in the areas of marketing, publishing, and real estate.
• Develop creative solutions to support our goals while mitigating risk.
• B.A/B.S., J.D. degrees and State Bar membership with 5+ years of experience with a law firm or relevant in-house experience supporting commercial transactions. Experience with marketing service providers, and publishing agreements.
• Manage outside counsel actively.
• Work with business and legal teams.
• Manage entire contract process from initial contact, negotiation, execution.
As part of our hiring process, we may ask candidates to answer written questionnaires, demonstrate the ability to spot relevant issues, or provide writing samples.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.