Senior Counsel, Sports and Entertainment
Los Angeles, CA
The Legal Team at Electronic Arts is looking for a lawyer to join us as Legal Counsel, Competitive Gaming & Entertainment (CGE) supporting the EA Sports FIFA esports program.
At EA, we inspire the world to play. We are looking for an attorney with at least 4 years of experience to act as the primary legal contact for EA Sports FIFA's competitive gaming esports program You will report to the Head of Legal for the Competitive Gaming Division of the Legal Department and may be based in any of our following locations Seattle, Redwood Shores, Los Angeles, Austin, or Guildford.
The Legal Counsel role is an important member of the team supporting FIFA CGE and driving competitive gaming for the EA Sports FIFA ecosystem, where the top FIFA players in the world prove themselves. This ecosystem includes a range of competitions from unique marketing activities and competitions, to the EA SPORTS FIFA Global Series, to the over 30 EA-licensed domestic esports leagues, and activities through our partnerships with the Premier League, Bundesliga, LaLiga, Major League Soccer and others.
We are looking for candidates with experience supporting commercial and corporate matters. You will:
• Provide comprehensive legal support to the EA Sports FIFA's competitive gaming program;
• Lead the legal support of specific FIFA CGE projects; coordinate legal matters to help the FIFA CGE program to be implemented with comprehensive legal support and documentation;
• Review, draft and negotiate different types of contracts, including event management agreements, talent agreements, production services agreements, waivers, sponsorship agreements, media distribution agreements, consulting agreements, marketing agreements, and master services agreements;
• Provide commercial transactional support for the FIFA CGE team and guidance regarding the interpretation of various commercial agreements. Develop FIFA CGE commercial templates;
• Advise with legally-sound, efficient, practical and impactful work product on many legal issues, to cover the various topics they may need legal assistance on, from the development of new programs, to implementation of programs, live events, security, players' management, online competitions;
• Partner with and engage our resources to get additional or deeper advice on specific legal issues; and
• Provide creative solution to the business and resolve issues in creative and practical ways. Work on multiple topics and provide with solutions, taking in consideration the business and legal context and needs. Evaluate and take appropriate business risks.
• J.D. (or local equivalent) and lawyer in good standing in applicable jurisdiction.
• At least 4 years of relevant experience, with both in-house and top-tier law firm experience. Experience in sports, esports, video games, entertainment or media broadcasting and production.
• Familiarity with intellectual property licensing, live events, event production, sponsorship, drafting of competition rules, advertising, and marketing laws.
• Drafting and negotiation skills.
• Comfortable supporting an evolving business, balancing legal risk and thinking creatively to propel the business forward and promote smart decisions.
If you're interested in this opportunity, we'd like to learn a little more about you. Please send us your resume and a cover letter.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records following applicable law.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5xk2-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.