Legal Approvals Associate (Non-Attorney Position)
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and collaborative legal professional (non-attorney) to join our team. This position will report to Managing Counsel and join the Approvals team, a group of legal professionals who support our product and marketing teams on the creation of games, marketing campaigns, and policies to help deliver upon EA's mission to be the world's greatest games company. This position may work from our offices at either Seattle, Washington or Los Angeles, California.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter, who is inquisitive and has a passion for video games and technology.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
• Partner with Product Counsel and Specialist Counsel to support game development teams on legal issues such as content clearance, trademark clearance, in-game advertising and reviewing specific game features.
• Review and approve all consumer-facing product and marketing materials to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including ratings requirements, IP, advertising and privacy guidance, and regional-specific requirements.
• Help maintain and develop internal guidance and policies relating to marketing compliance.
• Prepare rules and disclosures for promotions including contests, sweepstakes, tournaments, and promotional offers.
• Review registration, marketing, and promotional materials related to Competitive Gaming tournaments and other live events.
• Perform trademark searches, content clearance research or other legal research as needed.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 2+ years of relevant experience at in-house legal department or a law firm.
• Excellent communication, attention to detail, and project management skills.
• Manage multiple projects in a fast-paced legal department.
• Experience or familiarity with video games is a big plus.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8zxjm-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.