Lead Software Engineer
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world's greatest games. As such, we're constantly improving and are now hiring for a unique opportunity at the intersection of sports, lifestyle, and culture. You will join a small, and diverse engineering team with a bold vision! We are looking for engineering leaders who value collaboration, and can step out of their swimlanes when needed, to help bring this opportunity to life.
In your role as Lead Software Engineer reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering, you will build innovative and impactful personalized platforms and products that build loyalty and drive engagement. Candidates should have development experience with large-scale applications. You are a member of a small but motivated engineering team with a bold vision!
• Care about the user experience and know how to build consumer-focused products
• Design and build scalable, high-volume, high-availability systems for products leveraging machine learning, blockchain.
• Develop personalized experiences within mobile and web applications
• Work with high volumes of data in both relational and NoSQL data stores
• Design and build personalization integrations leveraging multiple data sources
• Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
• Participate in development of new features and defect resolution on existing applications, as well as assist with scoping and designing new product initiatives.
• Data integration and automation from a variety of formats including files and APIs
• Development highly scalable data pipeline consumers that incorporate complex transformations and efficient code.
• Mentor engineering talent and oversee the quality of their work
• Proven experience in a software engineering/development and design
• Strong Object Oriented Programming skills and proficiency in languages like Java (8+), Scala or similar
• Experience with high-volume personalized, player facing software systems
• Strong understanding of data scaling techniques
• Experience working in agile environment
• Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies. Ability to work independently, earn quickly and be proactive
• Experience with cloud services AWS, Redshift, and S3 for compute, storage, analytics and deployment
• Experience working in test driven development
• Experience with DevOps, Continuous Delivery, and Agile development a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykq10-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.