Lead Software Developer
Lead Software Developer (Tools)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Finding great talent and supporting our studios to be the best place for people to do their best work is central to our philosophy. This is the principle behind our newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on open-world action-adventure games and pioneering next generation emergent storytelling. Join us to pursue your passion to craft unique, groundbreaking and inclusive games that empower players to generate incredible stories of heroic adventure. Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Lead Tools Software Developer.
• Work closely with all disciplines to gather requirements, triage and prioritize requests.
• Design, architect, and document technical designs for Tools and Pipeline systems
• Mentor a team of tools software developers with a broad range of experience and seniority.
• Play an active role in project planning for your team, in collaboration with Production staff.
• Spend approximately 50% of your time doing hands-on tools development and code reviews.
• Hire Tools Programmers for your team
• 5+ years of experience with C/C++ tools development in the video games industry.
• Experience with large code bases
• Experience writing performant code
• Experience working closely with other domains - especially Designers, Engineers and Artists.
• Proactive work ethics and will take pride and responsibility for the success of our games.
Nice to Have
• CS or Comp Eng degree preferred.
• Experience with C++ UI systems: QT, Wx, GTK, ImGui etc.
• Experience developing Asset Pipelines for open-world console games.
• Experience with C#, Python or other scripting language
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xq1y-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.