Content Development Manager
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in US Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA's Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
As a Game Economy Designer, you will promote the delivery of game value to the customer, encouraging players to keep coming back and engaging with the core game loop. You will employ methodologies of economics, sociology, and business intelligence to create a healthy game economy, tightly integrated with systems for player customization, game progression, reward structures, and overall gameplay balance.
• Reporting to the Senior Producer, you will build with us essential features that further the strategic vision of the product, and improve retention, acquisition, and monetization.
• Model, build, and tune complex game economy systems with multiple currencies, progression systems, sinks, faucets and points.
• Build the post-launch economy, incorporating limited time events, reward structures, purchases, and adjustments that support new features throughout the product lifecycle.
• Partner with our analytics team to collect and analyze data, and optimize performance.
• Be the resident authority on important metrics such as engagement time, retention, and LTV.
• Help us guide economy health, daily game updates, and content pricing.
• Establish and tune the economy, including drivers of purchase behavior, gameplay earn rates, purchase packages, pricing, virtual products, and special events.
• Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Marketing, Business, or Social Science.
• 3+ years designing digital games; 1+ years optimizing live service games.
• Understand game balance and pacing in online games.
• Expertise with spreadsheets (can perform complex functions), manipulating and summarizing large datasets.
• Break down problems, identifying important relationships and levers that influence the outputs.
• Model problems into quantitative systems, anticipate downstream effects, and draw conclusions.
• Statistics knowledge, allowing you to create ratios and indexes specific to each game, and identify specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxn7m-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.