Lead Game Designer
Location: EA Hyderabad, India
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and masscasual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests. The Hyderabad game development studio is a team within this organization that is committed to building and running live services for some of EA's top games. Our vision is to be EA Mobile's center of excellence for Live Services and help grow the footprint of casual games in the market.
Here are the values we truly believe in:
• Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
• Ownership – Get things done
• Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
• Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
• Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
The main responsibilities of the Lead Game Designer are to partner with the Producer, Product Owner, Lead PM, and other team members to determine and refine the product goals as well to assist other content designers and to help them maximize their potential and performance in the creation of game experiences.
You'll lead the team to meet milestones and quality targets, creating and improving processes, coordinating with support departments across the company, tracking and resolving issues, monitoring development Indicators and seeking out and applying knowledge to improve us.
How your day would look like:
• You will be the key pillar in ensuring the Game Design is at a highest standard while motivating the team to achieve high quality within constraints.
• You will report to Producer and collaborate with all disciplines – engineering, art, QA, etc. – to implement features, systems, and content on schedule and to a high standard of quality.
• Take a holistic approach to quality and delivery to ensure that our experiences and corresponding execution create the best possible game
• Investigate and analyse to validate opportunities.
• Present design and design decisions to studio leadership and executive partners.
• Work on the future of the design direction for the franchise to keep it relevant and exciting in a fast-changing world.
• Demonstrate humility, admitting mistakes, and role model a commitment to learning
• Foster an inclusive environment and create a culture where everyone can grow.
Who fits the bill:
• 5+ years of experience on mobile games or games as a live service.
• 2+ years of experience working with a team of designers
• You are knowledgeable about mentoring other designers and providing insightful feedback on design efforts.
• You are motivated and able to oversee design areas from initial creation through to implementation.
• Strong knowledge of retention, engagement, and monetization, and how to design across different genres to target players
• You are open to ideas, criticism and engaging in healthy design discussion
• You understand why an idea will or won't work, and how to design to hit specific goals.
• You will work with a large team through all phases of development.
• Knowledge of NBA games and NBA as a sport is a plus.
• Familiarity with sports genres on mobile, PC, and console platforms.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d52owe-44-197-230-180-42 in your application.