Lead 3D Environment Artist - Battlefield Seattle Studio
Battlefield Seattle is focused on building rich, exciting stories with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
Role Overview: You are a Lead 3D Environment Artist who will help us build worlds, inspire incredible artwork, help define our production techniques, maintain budgets while always highly focused on the highest quality execution – with empathy and clarity being at the heart of who you are as a leader.
Reporting to the Studio Art Director the Lead 3D Environment Artist is a practical artist, inspired not only by the games industry but also by film, 2d, graphic design and other media.
• An understanding of modeling, texturing, composition, color theory, design and lighting that we can see exercised in your portfolio – both in shipped game projects and in personal work.
• Knowledge of at least one industry standard modeling package, a sculpting package and a PBR compliant texturing package.
• You can 3d model, texture and implement to a high standard inside of a game engine. This includes packing textures to specification and using and maintaining shared libraries.
• The ability to write documentation where required and maintain production requirements such as stand-ups, feedback and communication with peers.
• Experience working with an Art Director to develop direction and quality goals and parsing that information to a team for precise execution.
• Have experience with cross discipline collaboration as a core tenant of who you are as a leader.
• 5+ years of professional experience as a Lead 3D Environment Artist
• Hard surface modeling
• Techniques for photorealism
• Candidates with experience in outsourcing and cross-studio collaboration
• Experience with daily scrums and management requirements of the role
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj94m2-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.