Finding great talent and supporting our studios to be the best place for people to do their best work is central to our philosophy. This is the principle behind our newly formed Seattle Studio focusing on open-world action-adventure games and
pioneering next generation emergent storytelling. Join us to pursue your passion to craft unique, groundbreaking and inclusive games that empower players to generate incredible stories of heroic adventure. Become a foundational part of an ambitious, respectful and diverse team as we are looking for a Lead Designer to join our team.
The Lead Designer is responsible for crafting the environments which will immerse players in our game. They will lead the team who will design, create and balance the open world in order ensure that players are utterly immersed in their story.
The Lead Designer will combine a strong sense of level design and gameplay systems with excellent aesthetic sense to create a world that feels natural and compelling. They will collaborate closely with both art and design to compose environments, place assets and sculpt terrain.
• Leading a team to a design, create, and balance the open world
• Work with other departments to create a world that highlights the key features and systems of the game.
• Supporting the needs of the art, design and narrative teams.
• Have a thorough understanding of pipelines and art integration into the game.
• Teaching, growing and mentoring the open world team as well as fostering and participating in a culture of open and honest feedback.
• Work in collaboration with level artists to ensure playability of levels and graphic fidelity.
• Contribute to the creative process through original ideas and inspiration.
• You will have 5+ year's experience in video game level design with experience on at least one AAA title and:
• Experience using visual scripting and level design tools
• Communicate design decisions and design documents creation
• Prototype ideas and share those ideas with other disciplines
• Comfort and capability in creative and technical design discussions
• Understanding of environmental aesthetics and function vs. form relationships, and what makes a game level fun and intriguing
• Break down tasks and work with production to produce estimates and priorities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk3n4k-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.