We are DICE, the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars™: Battlefront franchise, and Mirror's Edge. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. That's why we're dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we all work towards a common cause.
We are looking for a Lead Character Artist to help us build realistic characters, inspire incredible artwork, help define our production techniques, maintain budgets while always being focused on the highest quality execution – with empathy and clarity being at the heart of who you are as a leader. Reporting to the Character Art Director, you are a practical person, inspired not only by the games industry but as a subject matter expert in human anatomy and with a passion for the human form, costume and understanding of composition and biological construction. As a candidate, you are free to choose between on-site and hybrid working options.
Role and Responsibility of a Lead Character Artist:
• Work together with Character Art Director to support Character artists in delivering characters to quality, focusing on the bigger picture without getting stuck in details.
• Guide artists and collaborate with project managers to determine budget, project scope, define deadlines and prioritize backlog content to avoid diminishing returns.
• Support artists on your team in their long-term development and daily work through regular 1on1 meetings.
• Collaborate with leads across departments to create characters that not only look great but also match tech requirements, always thinking game first.
• Questions and improves our production processes together with team members.
Skillset of a Lead Character Artist:
• An artistic eye with the ability to get the best out of artists in their teams through feedback and support.
• Capability in backlog management and scoping to deadlines and constraints.
• Demonstrate an ability to manage their workload through planning and delegation without direction.
• Experience in outsourcing and cross-studio collaboration.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjp41w-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.