Lead Character Artist - Battlefield Seattle Studio
Battlefield Seattle is focused on building rich, exciting stories with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. As we assemble our diverse team, all who have a voice in making great games together, we're looking for a healthy mixture of tempered veterans and young passionate individuals eager to make a difference.
We are looking for a Lead Character Artist to help us build realistic characters, inspire incredible artwork, help define our production techniques, maintain budgets while always being focused on the highest quality execution – with empathy and clarity being at the heart of who you are as a leader.
Reporting to the Studio Art Director, the Lead Character Artist is a practical artist, inspired not only by the games industry but as a subject matter expert in human anatomy and have a passion for the human form, costume and understanding of composition and biological construction.
• An understanding of modeling, texturing, anatomy, sculpting and topology that we can see exercised in your portfolio – both in shipped game projects and in personal work.
• Knowledge of at least one industry standard modeling package (preferably Autodesk Maya), a sculpting package (Preferably Zbrush) and a PBR compliant texturing package.
• An understanding of working with photogrammetry, body/costume scanning and how to improve base meshes.
• An expert level of knowledge in Marvelous designer.
• You have a broad and experience in high to low polygon baking processes and construction of geometry to support facial and animation rigs.
• The ability to write documentation where required and maintain production requirements such as stand-ups, feedback and communication with peers.
• Experience working with an Art Director to develop direction and quality goals and parsing that information to a team for precise execution.
• Have experience with cross discipline collaboration as a core tenant of who you are as a leader.
• 5+ years of professional experience as a Lead Character Artist.
• Photogrammetry experience.
• A broad portfolio of realistic humanoid characters and outfits.
• Experience with blend shapes, wrinkle maps and implementation for animation.
• Experience in outsourcing and cross-studio collaboration.
• Experience perfecting skin shaders and materials for a PBR realistic finish.
The following are required as part of the application process:
• Apply online with resume
• Provide web link on resume for online portfolio (required)
• As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a test
• This may be an Art, Audio, Design, or Writing test
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz6byq-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.