EA is the world leader in mobile gaming with a portfolio of mobile hits including Star Wars, FIFA, NBA LIVE, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Real Racing, The Sims, and Plants vs. Zombies. The mobile gaming market continues to grow exponentially year over year and EA's portfolio of world-class brands, access to external IP, and ability to create original hits puts the company in a unique position to increase this leadership position. Critical to this growth is EA's ability to maintain our massive, engaged audience and to successfully migrate these players to new games as they launch into the marketplace.
We are seeking a hands-on Lead Artist to join us and help continue delivering the beloved Plants vs. Zombies 2 game to our players. The ideal candidate has experience creating and guiding remote teams in 2D Art within a Live Operations environment and has an eye for Marketing and Promotional assets.
As a Lead Artist, you will be a primary contributor to the artistic vision for our game ensuring that the assets created by the Art team maintain a consistent visual style, are of high quality, and are produced efficiently to schedule.
In addition to guiding and coordinating the work of the other artists on the team, you will also be responsible for maintaining the same standards within your own work, be that promotional material or in-game assets.
• Maintain a consistent visual direction for the Art team that harmonizes the overall look and feel of the game.
• Communicate regularly with the rest of the development team, inspiring and motivating them with clear visual direction and quality work
• Identify team or visual challenges with requested Artwork and offer constructive critique and feedback. If necessary, escalate to team leadership
• Actively communicate and collaboratively solve problems with partners across multiple stakeholder disciplines.
• Review estimated time needed to complete the Art team's work and identify any risks or blockers with significant foresight. Provide feedback to the leadership team on the status of work in progress
• Optimize processes and timelines to improve the team's productivity, enable them by removing blockers or bottlenecks, and protect them from randomizations that impact their workflows.
• Produce inspirational promotional and marketing art for Plants vs Zombies 2.
• Partner with Producers and PMs to support the promotion of Live content via visual marketing assets, schedule reviews, and content creation requests.
• Collaborate with the design team to create new characters for our game, identifying team or visual challenges as necessary.
• A passion for playing and making awesome Mobile games!
• At least 5+ years of games production experience, with Mobile LiveOps experience a big plus
• Expert Photoshop skills.
• Knowledge of Flash/Adobe Animate.
• Proactive work ethic with the ability to self-organize and make decisions when dealing with ambiguity.
• Proven background in overseeing the work quality, planning, and estimations of other artists, including remote geographic locations.
• Excellent written & verbal communications skills and ability to interact professionally at all levels.
• Experience with Motion Graphics
• Experience with AppStore optimizations and in-game marketing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk6nm-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.