Senior Level Designer
Los Angeles, CA
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a flat creative hierarchy where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
As Lead 3D Artist you will be responsible for:
• Provide feedback to internal and external artists
• Model buildings, foliage, props, etc.
• Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into our production pipeline
• Provide mentorship to internal artists to help grow their skills
• Participate in reference photo shoots
• Ability to create both hard surface and organic models with a high level of realism
• Excellent Maya or similar 3D modeling software
• Superior eye for lighting, color and detail
• Experience working with physically based rendering
• Ability to work within memory and performance constraints while maintaining high visual quality
• Experience with photoscanning
• Basic knowledge in photography
• Previous game production experience
• Self-motivation and the ability to collaborate effectively within a team
• Strong planning and prioritization skills
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. Apply online with a combined resume and portfolio.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.