The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The Challenge Ahead:
Our platform powers online features for EA's game titles serving millions of users each day. We live, breathe, and dream about how we can make every player's multiplayer experience memorable. We develop services and SDKs in collaboration with EA's game studios for matchmaking, stats & leaderboards, achievements, game replays, VOIP, and game networking. We try to capture the most memorable portions of your experience, such as statistics to compare yourself to other players, achievements you earned during play, and even replays of your own games to share.
EA's Digital Platform Gameplay Services team has a need for a Server Engineer in EASK, Burnaby. You will build scalable, distributed server-side systems that provide functionality to our millions of customers and work on creative improvements to keep our systems at top-notch performance.
• Design brand new services covering all aspects from storage to application logic to management console
• Enhance and add features to existing systems
• Research and select new best-of-breed technologies to meet challenging requirements
• Communicate with engineers from across the company to deliver the next generation of online features for both established and not-yet-released games
• Aim to optimize performance and scalability of server systems
• Be a part of the full product cycle for our products, from design and testing to deployment and supporting our LIVE environments and our game team customers
• Advocate for best practices within the engineering team
• Work with product managers to improve new features to support EA's business
• 2+ years hands-on Java'/J2EE experience
• Expertise with relational or NoSQL database
• Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirement definition, development, test, and product release
• You enjoy solving complex technical problems
• You like to collaborate
• Experience with high traffic services and highly scalable, distributed systems
• Experience with scalable data storage, streaming and processing technologies such as Cassandra, Amazon S3, Apache Kafka, Storm and Spark.
• Experience with cloud computing products such as AWS EC2, ElastiCache, and ELB
• Experience with technologies such as ZooKeeper, Docker, and Redis
• Experience with stress testing plus performance tuning and optimization
• Experience working within the games industries
• Knowledge of Google gRPC and protobuf
Unleash Your Inner Genius - Apply Today!
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.