Remote / Virtual
IT Service Specialist (contract)
We are looking for an IT Service Specialist to assist our current site IT team in supporting in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals for the EABR Studio .This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing. maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment to ensure workstation performance. You will troubleshoot problem areas quickly, providing end-user assistance where required.
You will report to the Manager of IT Service Operations and take direction from the IT Service Specialist II on our local Site IT team.
What you'll do...
• Maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing and repairing all hardware and equipment while ensuring workstation performance. Troubleshoot problem areas accurately and provide end-user training where required.
• Evaluate and respond to service requests with a resolution.
• Perform analysis and diagnosis of routine PC problems for end-users, and recommend and implement solutions Install, configure, test, maintain, and troubleshoot end-user workstation software/hardware, networked peripheral devices, and networking software/hardware products.
• Maintain an inventory of all IT assets including the history of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Construct and test customized configurations based on different platforms and operating systems.
• Monitor and test PC performance and provide statistics and reports.
• Perform PC, hardware, and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
• Maintain communications with end-users to ensure systems meet our needs.
• Under guidance, perform periodic system maintenance.
• Place vendor service calls to resolve hardware or software failures.
• Coordinate with end-users and technical staff to maintain systems that use industry best practices to meet our goals, white maintaining the security of the data, system, and network.
• Produce metrics, project status reports, and operating status reports for management and team members.
• Provide service desk and technical support to users.
• Perform routine problem analysis and resolution design for systems.
• Support, communicate and defend the values of the organization.
Additionally, you may be asked to...
• Maintain accurate helpdesk records using the ticket management system.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
• Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to contribute to job accomplishments.
• Protect organization's value by preserving the confidentiality of information.
• During low demand periods of IT work , you will participate in software testing either within the studio or at home.
An ideal IT Service Specialist will have…
• High School Diploma or GED
• 2+ years of experience in an IT service desk role.
• Understanding of current principles and practices of IT support and experience working with users and other IT professionals to resolve system problems.
• Experience in Help Desk functionality and IT maintenance procedures
• Experience with consulting or customer service
• Experience working in a collaborative environment.
• Experience working with other IT professionals and end-users.
• Problem-solving skills
• Demonstrate a commitment to the process of continuous improvement by identifying and responding to the needs of all customers.
SPECIAL WORK CONDITIONS
• Extended or after-hours support is required.
• Occasional travel to other sites required <15%
• Be willing to wear a mask while moving about the studio, removing it only when at your workstation.
• You will be employed by PRO Unlimited working on an assignment with Electronic Arts.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.