Redwood City, CA - Corporate Headquarters (Hybrid on/off-site), also open to Los Angeles, CA and Austin, TX locations.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to achieve new ways to play.
INTERNATIONAL TAX MANAGER
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don't know how we're committed to creating games for every platform-from social to mobile to console-to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
We are seeking a key contributor to the tax team, based in Redwood Shores, California, Los Angeles, California, or Austin, Texas, reporting to the Senior Manager, International Tax. In this role, the International Tax Manager will be a member of the team that performs a variety of functions primarily relating to US compliance, reporting and planning related to international tax issues.
Our work environment is fun, fast-paced and rewarding. We provide a unique environment for learning and developing and we're looking for an independent, proactive and highly motivated individual.
• Prepare, review, and manage all aspects of US international tax compliance including E & P, Subpart F, GILTI, FDII, foreign tax credit calculations.
• Prepare and manage quarterly and annual income tax provision related to US international tax aspects.
• Provide US international tax support to federal tax group, tax controversy team, and cross-function teams (e.g., Accounting, Treasury, FP&A, and Legal), as required.
• Engage in special projects, including tax planning, mergers and acquisitions and corporate initiatives, as needed.
• Research and provide technical expertise to address complex tax issues and prepare memoranda to document conclusions.
• Identify and support tax technology and process improvements.
• Support tax process documentation and SOX controls.
Education and Technical Requirements:
• At least 5 years of US international tax experience in Big 4/law firm or the equivalent.
• Strong tax technical knowledge in the areas of US international tax including aspects of new US Tax Reform laws and various international legislative proposals (e.g., Pillar One/Two, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience in US international tax compliance, provision, and managing international tax projects.
• Strong technical skills and experience in financial reporting and US GAAP accounting principles for international tax matters.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to build and adapt complex tax models.
• Proficiency with Excel, experience with Oracle, Hyperion, Alteryx, and/or OneSource a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, J.D., or equivalent,
• CPA preferred, MST or LLM a plus.
• Results driven with high level of initiative, urgency, accountability and integrity.
• Hard working, team player, excited to learn and grow.
• Ability to work independently and willingness to ''roll-up sleeves'', with a positive ''can do'' attitude.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy, eager to get into data or detail.
• Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain work products and calculations to cross-functional team.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
• Enjoy a challenge and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
It's not easy building the world's best digital playground. It's hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It's down-in-the-trenches challenging. It's stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It's you-taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that's changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you're reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9z55-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.