We are EA The Challenge Ahead
The Mission Control Center (MCC) resides within the EA Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) team which is responsible for the infrastructure that our games run on. The MCC is the central point of contact for the PI&E team and plays a key role in driving online 'always on' services keeping a watchful eye over all monitored endpoints to ensure a continuous 24X7 uptime for our stakeholders. We're looking for an Incident Manager to join the team.
What an MCC Incident Manager does at EA
• Coordinates highly impactful incidents through resolution while maintaining command and control of the incident response.
• Is the first point of escalations for MCC team members and partners/stakeholders
• Guides response teams towards resolution through troubleshooting and restoration.
• Maintains alignment of the response teams, stakeholders, and leadership through conversation, audio/video bridges, active messaging, and posted updates.
• Assists in tracking and providing data for internal group reports that detail the success and utilization of the Mission Control Center and emergency/incident management drills
• Understands the rigorous demands of a 24x7 real-time online, operational environment
• Assists in the building of EAs technical knowledge base, run books and escalation policies for day to day issue resolution for systems and site management
• Analyzes data to assist in providing results of emergency management and disaster recovery drills as defined by agreed incident escalation and disaster recovery policies
• Partners with other EA Operational teams to reduce systems downtime
• Manges MCC notification and escalation procedures
The next great MCC Incident Manager
• Passionate about the IT and gaming industries
• 1-3 years experience with Systems Operations/Engineering organizational responsibilities, which include ownership and management of incident escalation, resolution tracking, and resolution reporting, with at least 1 of those years being in an Incident Manager role
• Foundational knowledge of Cloud technology offerings, Networking, virtualization, security fundamentals
• Experienced with ITIL best practices, including Incident, Change, and Problem Management their purpose and how they are connected
• Strong crisis management and analytical skills
• Defines Impact, documents, and establishes facts to draw valid conclusions
• Has proven peer management skills
• Has proven ability to drive groups from various disciplines and levels towards common understanding, goals, and resolution.
• Has proven ability to communicate with confidence under crisis conditions.
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible as the position will require shift work to include weekends and holidays
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
Don't Just Play It – Manage It!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp1j40-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.