We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Our Team Mission
The charter of Production Infrastructure & Engineering (PI&E) is to make EA's games and services available to all players anytime and anywhere. To do this, we focus on secure available infrastructure and core and studio services. We aim to allow developers to experiment and build new games quickly with infrastructure services on-demand and workflows that ensure rapid development in the cloud. In all of this, we endeavor to improve efficiency in cost and capacity use.
Our Next Great Addition
Modern games are complex. Any given title's 'game servers' often means a collection of dozens of backend components built over different time horizons, by different teams, with unique patterns. We're looking for a leader who can improve the automation of on-premise deployments while simultaneously helping define the transition to cloud-first.
You will head our Service Enablement & Reliability (SER) teams. Those teams architect, deploy, operate and enhance scalability plus reliability of important player-facing infrastructure services and platforms. Engagements span from well-known deployments to novel ones encompassing large ecosystems and multiple teams.
Within PI&E, you will operate in tight partnership with Product Engineering, which provides vertical capabilities, and Product/Program, which helps prioritize requirements, directs internal development and manages partner engagement. Externally, this team is a direct interface to our game studios, helping them design the industry's most advanced online player experiences.
• Lead the core provisioning teams and accelerate their in-flight transformation from operations of on-premises capacity in directly-managed data centers to cloud-first, engineering-driven infrastructure and operations. Prioritize and deliver quality service within and between both hosting paradigms.
• Lead Game Service operations teams chartered to increase availability, improve infrastructure, and provide automation and self-service capabilities to our game service developers. Assess their positioning on the SysEng/DevOps/SRE evolution, set the standards, and enhance the team through direct architecture, practical guidance, and new talent hiring.
• Engage directly with Studio partners to understand their workflow and operational needs and ensure delivery of end-to-end infrastructure across PI&E plus central platform teams.
• Lead a small number of high-impact architects to develop a broad understanding of how infrastructure components need to connect together across teams, technologies, and organizations to prove the experience for game titles and player experiences.
• Transform operations into a world-class site reliability organization with engineering experts in infrastructure, systems architecture, and software.
• Enhance our production delivery, mean time to resolution for disruptions, and next-level runtime insights and debuggability of products and services. Develop KPIs to prioritize work.
• Manage a globally distributed organization in the pursuit of follow-the-sun operations, taking advantage of passionate team members across the world in delivering SER's mission of reliable infrastructure for our developer partners and EA's players.
• Influence your product development peers to adopt industry-leading patterns and practices in creating high-scale cloud products and services.
• Participate in feature design reviews to ensure reliability, automation, and runtime debuggability is represented as a first-class, design time priority.
• Apply and improve service deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime.
• 15+ years or equivalent engineering experience with a deep emphasis on infrastructure and automation.
• 5+ years directly leading technical operations of internet-scale cloud services.
• Hands-on experience driving organizational transformations from on-premises/traditional operations to cloud-native/engineering-driven infrastructure.
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality automation and instrumentation systems.
• Able to optimize planning and communications for executive, technical or customer audiences.
• Excellent technical problem-solving skills under iteratively changing business requirements.
• Deep technical leadership and networking skills that build credibility, respect, and trust at all levels of the organization.
• A great mentor of team leaders, architects, and engineers.
• Ownership and responsibility for delivering products and services to hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d83nyx-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.