EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
Madden NFL is developed at EA's Tiburon Studio in Maitland, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
Graphic Designers focus on the game player's experience and interaction with the game. Their goal is to make the player's experience as intuitive as possible, in particular by making sure a game player can easily navigate menus, icons, and displays. The Graphic Designer will help conceptualize and create individual assets for the interface. Animation may also be required.
• Work with creative director and producer; participate in the creative process of in-game assets
• Conceptualizes thematic-based items that players can earn and equip in-game
• Create game menu mock-ups consistent with the game's art direction
• Create designs, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts. Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
• Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and select style and size of type.
• Improve file size and configurations. Manipulate UI content and assets
• Confer with the product owners to discuss and determine layout design.
• Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with supervisors, and making necessary changes.
• Study illustrations and photographs to plan the presentation of materials and products.
• Bonus: Any experience with Adobe After Effects, Maya, or other Motion Graphics are a plus
Additionally, you will need to provide customized art content for Dynamic Messaging and MOTD on a daily basis, sometimes seven days a week, sometimes 20+ images per day in multiple formats as needed for Live Content. The content is often iterated, sometimes even changed wholesale as our needs change. The Artist will work with other artists, producers, and designers to develop content that meets game style requirements and Live Content themes.
What skills does EA look for?
Our Graphic Designers have a background in digital interface design (console, software, web, and mobile).
From a technical standpoint, Graphic Designers must have experience with Photoshop, Flash, and Illustrator. Nice to have skills include 3DS Max, Maya, Softimage'/XSI, Premiere, Dreamweaver, Adobe Indesign, and After Effects.
Graphic Designers have artistic, typographic, and layout skills. You design solutions while following creative and art direction. A passion for apparel'/clothing'/style is a plus.
A Graphic Designer's portfolio must demonstrate a style without sacrificing readability and flow of information. They must demonstrate a good eye for:
• Composition and layout
• Color theory
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.