Global Media Planning Manager, FPS (Integrated Planning)
Our Marketing Team at large exists to tell the story of Electronic Arts and expand the positive power of play. This encompasses all our amazing games and experiences, including The Sims, Madden NFL, FIFA, Apex Legends, Battlefield 2042, and It Takes Two (Game of the Year, 2021). At the forefront of building meaningful relationships with our players around the world, we're a multi-functional group driven by social purpose and inclusive values. We develop the strategic vision of our products, run world class multi-channel campaigns, execute on innovative global engagement across all touch points, and make sure our brand is consistently awesome everywhere we show up.
Growth Marketing - Integrated Planning
Growth Marketing exists to accelerate our technology and growth capabilities so we are at the forefront of digital marketing. Through technology and an audience-first approach, Growth Marketing focuses on data-driven decision-making, process simplification, and driving increased output, productivity, engagement, and revenue.
Within Integrated Planning, the Global Media Planning Manager, FPS, will lead the global planning for paid media across two of our biggest franchises, Apex Legends and Battlefield, acting as a key strategic partner to Brand Marketing, Creative, and Marketing Intelligence. This position will report into the Senior Manager, FPS & A/A as a part of the newly formed Integrated Planning team responsible for taking an audience first approach to plans across paid and owned channels to maximize growth.
The Global Media Planning Manager is accountable for developing annual and seasonal media strategies, clearly articulating how media will achieve our business objectives, and translating these strategies into a focused brief to guide the planning process with the media agency and regional planners. The Global Media Planning Manager has a thorough understanding of the media landscape with the ability to advocate for its role within the broader marketing campaign and effectively project manage across a global cross functional team.
• Guides our Brand partners through media objectives and opportunities to facilitate briefing, and campaign planning for Apex Legends and Battlefield. Champions the media approaches and ongoing work to cross functional partners, globally.
• Brings brand strategies to life through closely aligned global media plans. Responsible for distilling global media plans into actionable briefs to guide the tactical planning and activation process with the media agency and regional media leads.
• Collaborates closely with Creative and Production to guide the asset development process ensuring we deliver relevant and compelling messaging for our players while following channel best practices. Deliver back actionable creative insights to strengthen and evolve the approach each campaign.
• Oversee the media measurement strategy for Apex Legends and Battlefield by outlining test and learn opportunities, clearly defining KPIs by channel, and delivering actionable reports to the business on media's performance against objectives. Collaborate with Marketing Intelligence and agency analytics teams on testing roadmap, campaign integration and reporting.
• Collaborate closely with cross channel experts within the FPS & A/A Franchise Pod to drive an audience first approach to delivering on our growth objectives across Paid Media, Email and In-Game channels.
• Coach and support the development of Media Planners as they oversee the planning and activation across regional planning and activation.
• Manages day-to-day interactions with global agency, Brand, Creative, Finance, and Analytics stakeholders to ensure best-in-class media principles, guidelines and investments are made for your respective franchises.
• Serve and maintain partnerships with major media platforms, testing new capabilities and opportunities, staying up to date on evolving media landscape and best practices.
• Partners with Finance, Regional Planners, and the media agency to maintain a view of budgets by country for Apex Legends and Battlefield while flagging risks and opportunities for incremental and budget cuts.
• Multiple years of experience in media, either in strategy or cross channel planning roles, with an understanding of the planning process, brand and DR KPIs, audience planning, optimizations, and reporting
• Proven success in delivering results for past media campaigns
• Proven track record of building relationships with senior stakeholders in Marketing, Creative, and Analytics roles
• Interest in the evolving world of data, attribution and media testing
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of global regulation, ideal candidate has experience operating across multiple markets
• Ability to effectively communicate with confidence; experience advocating for the role of media across the marketing organization
• Experience across short- and long-term measurement approaches, the strategic use of first-party data, and the next generation of attribution.
Who you are:
• A smart problem solver: intelligent, asks smart questions to understand root issues, develops new and creative approaches and solutions, solving problems in a real-world way.
• Collaborator: Ability to accomplish a lot through teamwork in a highly matrixed environment. Effective relationships and influencing skills are key to getting work done.
• Adaptable: Must be nimble to address new opportunities, to deal with the changes we face, to adapt to new expectations and things that aren't obvious, clear, or easy.
• Media aficionado: A passion for paid media, the continuously evolving landscape, and the creative application to reach brand objectives.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d25ewy-18-232-31-255-42 in your application.