Global Security Incident Response Analyst
Location Information: Guildford, UK
We're EA-the world's largest video game publisher. You're probably familiar with many of our titles-The Sims, Apex Legends, Star Wars Battlefront II, Madden, FIFA, Need for Speed, to name a few. But maybe you don't know the kind of challenges that you, as a security professional, would be exposed to in a game company - security challenges that are unique to our world. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction
This is a hands-on, technical security role within the Global Security Incident Response team that plays a pivotal role in securing EA. This role focuses on investigating security incidents across EA and coordinating and managing remediation efforts while maintaining strong relations with all lines of business across the enterprise.
The IR Analyst will partner with other security professionals within EA Security as well as Information Technology, Game Studios, and will also partner with Legal and People Practices, the EA Digital Platform organization, and other business units to gather incident details, assess impact, and coordinate response. The person in this role will be responsible for executing all aspects of incident response including attack analysis, incident documentation, and threat hunting. The IR Analyst will also be responsible for monitoring the performance of incident response, ensuring compliance with existing laws and regulations, and aligning with emerging threats and incident trends.
Additionally, the IR Analyst will be responsible for coordinating the on-going enhancements to the IR process which will align with the teams strategic initiatives.
• Provide follow-the-sun coverage in conjunction with other IR Analysts and members
of the EA Security Team to respond to security incidents.
• Perform disk, memory and network forensics to support incident response.
• Work with other security team members to conduct root cause analysis to identify
gaps and recommendations that will ultimately remediate risks to EA.
• Ensure that all incidents are recorded and tracked to meet audit and legal
• Assist with the collection of evidence, network forensic investigations, computer
intrusion, theft of information, denial of service and multi-national organized crime.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Strong problem-solving abilities to learn new analysis techniques
• Excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills and a keen attention to
• A successful track record in school and work experience in technology and
information security (e.g. through related internship work experience).
• Good level of understanding of networking, hardware and operating system
fundamentals for Windows, Mac and Linux.
• Strong initiative and willingness to learn new technical skills and tools,
countermeasures, and techniques.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
• Ability to work independently and in a cross functional team.
• Must be willing to occasionally travel to other EA locations as necessary to support
• Experience in security operations, incident response or incident management.
• Experience in performing all types of digital forensics, malware analysis,
• Understanding of attack vectors, current threats, and security remediation strategies.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7050-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.