Accounts Payable Specialist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impact and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games
EA India office in Hyderabad Support game development activities for mobile gaming, console, online and free to play casual game website – pogo.com. Corporate operates shared services centres for IT which provides networks & applications support whereas Finance performs procure to pay, accounts receivables, revenue accounting, fixed assets accounting, procurement support, payroll & FP&A functions.
Purpose and Scope:
You will manage the GL team and responsible for teams' performance by completion of tasks on time with accuracy.
You will also manage Month end close activities, Bank reconciliations for EU, NA and APAC regions, Fixed Asset accounting, preparation of VAT Returns and also leading the transitions and contributing to finance projects.
Detailed Knowledge of Balance sheet items/ Income statement line items.
• Expert in preparation of Bank reconciliations.
• Expert level knowledge in preparation of Accrual and prepaid Journal Entries, in compliance with the journal entry policy.
• Contribute to the projects guided by business.
• Have understanding of US-GAAP and also the underlying accounting aspects. Can resolve the reconciliation and accounting queries from the team.
• Have knowledge of Fixed assets accounting cycle (capitalization, depreciation accounting, disposals, retirement.
• Recommend changes to all processes improving the GL to simplify while improving transparency.
• Be an Expert for the team and be the point of contact between the team and the partners.
• Drive Business review meetings with respective Partners.
• Can create the quarterly reviews with the Leadership Team independently.
• Can completely own any transition opportunities identified and also setup appropriate documents and establish Service level agreements for the same.
Qualification and Experience:
• Must be a commerce graduate or post graduate.
• 8 years+ of relevant experience in Accounting and Reconciliation for a large MNC preferably BPO/KPOs or Captives having Finance and Accounting services
• Have been in the team leading role for 5+ years.
• Have hands-on experience driving transitions and setting up new processes in Finance and Accounting function.
• Have hands-on experience in Oracle Enterprise Business Suite R12 and also understand the Multi-Currency COA
• Have Excellent Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and good knowledge on PowerPoint Too.
• Have strong analytical skills. Able to perform meaningful analysis and thereby identify the reason for variance.
• Have proactive thinking and anticipate account risks to reduce any potential unreconciled or aged reconciled accounts
• Have very good Communication Skills and able to manage the external and company partners independently
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.