The Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Tech organization, focused on developing cutting edge game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with game and engine dev teams. You will be part of a cross-functional team tackling a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An essential priority for this group is to partner with the Frostbite team, our Game teams, and our central art team to create meaningful user facing experiences and content workflow improvements. You will work on our strategic, multi-year project in unifying our Create-a-Head tools and experiences while innovating on the created character heads for all EA SPORTS titles.
As Generalist Software Engineer you will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases, and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
• You will work on technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development, covering main areas of game development technologies, game features and optimizations of frame-rate and load-times
• You will work with other domain owners to integrate and develop technologies into the game
• You will analyze impact to above mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle
• You will provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement and optimizations
• C++ proficiency
• 6+ years of experience in C++ software development
• Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains
• Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization
• Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Phyton, Lua) and C#
• Experience with 3rd party APIs
• Skills debugging complex applications
• Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy
• Strong understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D Space
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
• Experience with any of these beneficial, but not required: XBOX and PlayStation platforms; Mobile, PC, or Cloud-based games, graphics libraries such as DirectX, OpenGL, or Metal, static and performance
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkpjqp-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.