Generalist Software Engineer - FIFA
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Generalist Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms-working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate, build projects and provide excellent results.
• 3+ years experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
• Strong knowledge of C++, ASM is a bonus.
• Json and XML, able to read/understand and write.
• Experience working with online services/servers (HTTP via REST).
• Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
• Experience with 3rd party APIs.
• Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
• Experience with source control systems.
• Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++) domain ownership will be expected.
• Work with 3rd party software APIs.
• Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
• Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
• Use and design REST-based HTTP APIs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zwby-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.