Gameplay Software Engineer - The Sims
Redwood City, CA
You will report to a Development Director. As a Software Engineer on The Sims, your job will be to build user-facing content for the Sims using Python and C++.
• Implement gameplay systems written in Python and C++ that are data-driven.
• Sim behaviors: interaction with the world, other Sims, and objects (how would a Flirty Sim behave differently on a pool club versus a bar).
• Build creative real life archetypes within a simulation game (e.g. romance, careers, postures).
• Runtime optimization for performance and memory usage (scaling a simulation engine to include all aspects of human life).
• Work with the team on continuous improvement of the data-driven framework that brings designs to life.
• Write software requirements and technical design documentation.
• Work with franchise leaders to continue building unique content for a game that supports a large demographic of simulation player patterns.
• Excellent game systems programming skills. Demonstrate technical abilities with projects implemented in C++, Python, C#, or Java.
• 5 or more year experience in a hands-on development role.
• Experience working in Python encouraged.
• Experience with Windows platform and development tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse)
• Experience writing real-time simulation game code.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
• Demonstrate past experiences of shipping one or more game titles for some platform (PC, Mac, Console, Mobile)
• Experience developing for live products at large-scale.
• Previous engineering leadership experience over a title or major system.
• Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpjvve-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.