Gameplay Software Engineer - The Sims
Redwood City, CA
Reporting to a Director of Development, as a Gameplay Software Engineer on The Sims, your job will be to develop user-facing content for The Sims.
• You will use Python, C++ and ActionScript 3 to implement data-driven gameplay and UI systems.
• You will create new Sim behaviors: interaction with the world, other Sims, and objects.
• You will build creative aspects of real life within a simulation game (e.g. socialization, careers, weather).
• You will work with designers, producers, artists, and other engineers on improving the data-driven framework that brings designs to life.
• You will write technical design documents detailing software requirements.
• You will build unique content for a game that supports a large demographic of simulation player patterns.
• You will write code with performance and memory usage in mind.
• You enjoy solving technical problems under iteratively changing requirements during development.
• Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field.
• 4 or more years experience in a hands-on development role.
• Demonstrate technical abilities with projects implemented in C++ or Python.
• Experience with Windows platform and development tools (e.g. Visual Studio or other programming IDEs).
• Experience optimizing existing game code to be more performant.
• Previous engineering experience overseeing a major system.
• Demonstrate experience working in large data-driven games or applications.
• Experience developing for large-scale live products.
• Experience using static and performance analysis tools, automated testing, unit testing, and configuration management processes.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z057-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.