You will be developing a new mobile title for EA. As a studio, we build games for Imaginative Creators which allow players to create something that is an expression of their unique personality.
You will be reporting to the Game Design Director
• Design and own major systems, mechanics, and content from concept through implementation and live service
• Determine gameplay goals for any owned features and lead implementation and tuning of those features to meet those goals
• Partner with Experience Design to make complex gameplay systems into delightful and easy to understand experiences for players
• Design and communicate specific tools needed for tuning and implementing game content
• Partner with Development Director to track tasks, identify risk, and clarify changes in design work
• Participate constructively and respectfully in the critique of your work, and the work of others
• Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
• 5+ years of game design experience, with a focus on feature design for a live service game
• Thorough knowledge of games and game systems with insight into the pros and cons of different tactics
• Design and implementation experience with game features that focus on open-ended player creativity
• Experience designing and creating requirements for proprietary tools
• Knowledge of different player type profiles and how they impact player behavior
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $77,600 - $119,000 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n3q7-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.